Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Je ne comprends pas le français!!!

That's right, folks -- X-Ray Studios has gone international. We've been smack in the heart of Paris for a few days now, having set up camp in the swanky offices of our hosts. We're surrounded by some very talented people who are doing some amazing work, and we're both very excited to see what happens next. Until then, here's a quick rundown of what we've been up to:

  • Hours-long "power meetings" regarding story ideas, character designs and sets
  • Gaping at the mountain of beautiful art and design work the team has already produced in the last month or so
  • Spending the entire work day at the office, producing as much material as possible in terms of both writing and art
  • Going back to our tiny hotel room and working some more
  • Struggling terribly to simply order McDonald's food, particularly in the sense that I'm trying to sound vaguely like a native when I say "Deux Royale Cheese et Deux Grande Frites". I'm somehow certain that I have failed to do so on both my French McDonald's excursions thus far. Soon enough. Then they'll all be sorry...

No doubt some of you understand from the headline of this entry that I don't understand French. Very little of it, anyway. Neither does Landry. That's okay though, because we're working with lots of people who either A) understand and speak English or B) are patient enough to work through both an interpreter and elaborate sign language to get the job done. I'm telling you, there's nothing like a bunch of people waving their arms around, making faces at each other in an effort to collaborate creatively. If only all collaboration was like that... Although come to think of it, half the time it is like that.

The other half, in my experience, involves punching the other guy a lot. I'm trying to restrain myself in our new surroundings, though. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: